Mobile Suit Legends the RPG
Site under construction
Site under construction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IT'S MORE FUN IN MSL

HomeRegisterLatest imagesLog in

Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat

Go down 
+6
Azure3
KaraShiranui
Mnemosyne16
Gene
Rap Goblin
BOSS CHIEF
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
RX-178
MSL Member
MSL Member
RX-178

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Graham’s GM Cannon slowly walked through the dense jungle. As he neared the location from which the red flare had been fired, Graham grew suspicious.

“That’s odd, there’s no evidence of either MS near here. That, and this path isn’t going to get me onto the top of the mountain. Thankfully there don’t seem to be any enemy MS nearby either, just a bunch of rocks.”

A few moments later, the GMs foot brushed over another rock. Graham expected to hear another dull vibration, as he was purposefully keeping his feet low to the ground to minimize the risk of seismic detection. However, instead of a dull rumble, there was a loud metallic clang followed by a lurch as the Cannon’s leg failed to leave the ground again. Turning the MS’ head down, Graham saw the source of his problems, a Z’gok. Graham scowled as he tried to wrench his suit free, only to find that the Z’gok’s actuators were more powerful than his own.

“Ah shit, this is the last thing we needed. It seems that the Zekes weren’t intent on honoring their part of the deal either. Thankfully the current numerical situation weighs in our favor. Time to go to work.”

Quote :
RPG STATS:

HP: 8640/8640

EN: 75/75

Movement: 5

Weapons:

1. 60mm Vulcan Cannon
---Power: 1000
---EN: 6
---Range: 2
---Type: Rapid Fire

2. Beam Rifle
---Power: 2700
---EN: 10
---Range: 4
---Type: Beam 1

3. 240mm Cannon
---Power: 4900
---EN: 18
---Range: 5
---Type: Shooting

Abilities:

1. Shield Defense
---Enables 'Defend' command. Reduces received damage by 50%
---When using Shield Defense you cannot counterattack.

Graham called up his teammates on radio.

“This is Vulture. One bandit, my location. Kirkland, if you’ve found Osmond, move forward and commence engagement.”

With that, Graham brought the GM Cannon down to one knee, placing the barrel of his 240mm cannon less than ten meters from the amphibious MS’ head.

“Well, I guess this gives new meaning to the phrase ‘Danger Close’.”

Graham pulled the trigger.

Quote :
3. 240mm Cannon
---Power: 4900
---EN: 18
---Range: 5
---Type: Shooting

Quote :
GM Cannon's Remaining HP and EN:
HP: 8640/8640
EN: 57/75
Back to top Go down
http://generalbriggs@gmail.com
MSL
MSL Admin
MSL Admin
MSL

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:05 pm

The member 'RX-178' has done the following action : DICE ROLL

'Shooting' :
 Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 DICE_MISS
Back to top Go down
https://gundam-msl.rpg-board.net
MSL
MSL Admin
MSL Admin
MSL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Sgt. Ferrell, the original pilot of the Gundam, had been sitting inside the 56th Hovertruck since he was injured. When he heard about Osmond and Katoma's death, he was terribly shaken.

He was communicating with the Kojima Battallion this time, through the internet. One of Kojima's men, a Lieutenant, issued the order for the Philippine teams to retreat to the shore at once.

"What! The Gundam Ground Type we sent you was defeated?" said the EFF Region Director. "And you lost 6 mobile suits prior to that. And, you lost a GM Cannon and the Guntank! Goddamn you incompetent fools! Retreat to the beach right now!"

Kirkland's GM Ground was the only remaining mobile suit in the 24th. The team was virtually wiped out within a matter of 2 days. Had it not been for the 56th, which was also a fairly inadequate team, they would be slaughtered by the Chief and the Aesir Wolves.
Back to top Go down
Rap Goblin
MSL Staff
MSL Staff
Rap Goblin

Male
Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Rap barely evaded the GM Cannon's attack. As soon as he heard the Chief's order, the Z'Gok climbed out of the fakking hole and ejected colored gas from its vents, to allow it to escape unseen. "Maybe next time we can play, Feddie!" he said, before jumping into the plains below.
Back to top Go down
Gene
MSL Member
MSL Member
Gene

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Kirkland was walking through the jungle, following close behind Mason, when they were ambushed. A Z'Gok came out of a hole in the ground and got ahold of the leg of Graham's GM Cannon. Daniel then recieved a radio transmission
RX-178 wrote:
“This is Vulture. One bandit, my location. Kirkland, if you’ve found Osmond, move forward and commence engagement.”
Graham aimed it's main cannon at the head of the Zeon MS and fired, but by some miracle, he missed. Daniel aimed his GM's beam rifle, ready to attack, when the Z'gok jumped out of it's hole and spewed a colored smokescreen; when the smoke cleared, it was gone. Kirkland pounded his fist on the dashboard in frustration. "DAMN IT!!" He then turned his attention to the peak of the mountain, to see how the battle was going.

The Gundam was on it's knees when the Gouf lashed off it's head with a whip from it's heat rod, then it picked up the head of the defeated mech and kicked it like a football; the Gundam's metal carcass was then pushed down the mountain, rolling all the way to the bottom. Ensign Sylvan Cruz...was defeated. Daniel lowered his head in humiliation and shame, knowing that his entire mission had been in vain. without any hesitation, he turned on the GM's thrusters to maximum capacity, headed to the mountain's peak with the intent of destroying Lt. Guerrero's unit. He hopped his way up the steep mountain side, but when he made it to the top, he saw the Gouf far off in the distance, riding on a Gaw, he was too late.

Kirkland set his GM on it's knee and opened up the cockpit and stepped out. He spotted Sylvan laying face down on the ground and ran over to him; he turned him over and checked his pulse to find that he was still alive, then laid him back down. Daniel also worried about the fate of the girl and looked around for any trace of her; he found her laying on the ground, seeing that she was still breathing but unconscious. Kirkland was baffled to find that she and Sylvan were here and alive, but thought about that later. He got to his MS and radioed the camp to request an evac, one for 2 injured people, and one to retrieve the remains of the Gundam. Today was the worst defeat in Warrant Officer Daniel Kirkland's military career, but at least it wasn't a complete failure.
Back to top Go down
Mnemosyne16
MSL Member
MSL Member
Mnemosyne16

Female
Number of posts : 972
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:03 pm

"Touched Heartstrings"

The Boss' orders to eject from the battlefield were a welcome relief. More casualties will happen if the fight dragged on for much longer. As Aicelle retreated, she saw something tumbling down the mountain. It was the headless body of the Gundam, with sparks flying out of the cockpit area.

"The Boss made it..." she told herself. She nodded her head, as if acknowledging the Gundam's death. "Rest in peace soldier..." she said, unaware that the Chief had spared Sylvan out of mercy.

Aicelle wanted to check if Clara was okay, but there seemed to be no time for that. As she retreated, the Zaku opened a large container, ejecting smoke throughout the mountain pass so that they couldn't be followed. "Whiskey Delta. Mission completed..."
Back to top Go down
KaraShiranui
MSL Admin
MSL Admin
KaraShiranui

Female
Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Mt. Mataligahan, the summit...

Clara opened her eyes... she was alive. She observed her surroundings, with hazy vision, and saw no trace of the Zeon mobile suits. Beside her lay a Federation soldier, who was still alive, but unconscious. Gathering all of her energy, Clara tried to stand, but she couldn't. She fell to her knees and looked at the Ensign who rescued her.

"Mister, mister, wake up..."
she shook the Ensign. "I... gotta.. get help..." She then saw a Federation suit nearby, which belonged to Kirkland. "Sir! Help us please!" she waved at Kirkland, to get his attention.
Back to top Go down
Gene
MSL Member
MSL Member
Gene

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:49 pm

Kirkland was sitting up against his GM, waiting for transport, when he heard someone nearby
KaraShiranui wrote:
"Sir! Help us please!" she waved at Kirkland, to get his attention.
He was relieved to see that she was okay. "Oh, so your awake, that's good to know. Don't worry, I've called for an evac, they should be here any time now. So miss, how are you feeling now, your not hurt badly are you?"
Back to top Go down
vangran
MSL Member
MSL Member
vangran

Male
Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:49 pm

"Aesir Wolves let's head home! This White Devil was a pussy... Meet me by the lake, Tom, Aicelle, Rap. Fall back now!"

"Understood, will arrive at designated location as soon as I can. See you there, sir. Vanguard out."

After turning off his radio Tom commanded his Zaku II to move back to the lake, moving cautiously lest the girl behind him gets injured by moving too quickly, and in case the Feddies decided not to honor their agreement.

After a little while he arrived at the shore and proceeded to check on the girl again.

He checked her head wound and sighed in relief when he saw it had stopped bleeding and it looked like it was healing nicely. He just wished she would wake up and tell him how she got there.

Last edited by vangran on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Acruxis
MSL Member
MSL Member
Acruxis

Male
Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:09 am

OST: Lost Resolution

Clara wasn’t able to answer the other Feddie’s question. She looked at the man lying down on her lap, Sylvan. She tried to look for an ID, but only found Sylvan’s nameplate. “Ensign Sylvan Cruz”, it read. Clara stroked the young ensign’s face gently. She could’ve sworn she saw his eyes twitch. Thankful that the man was alive, Clara’s tears rolled down her cheeks. The nightmare should be finally over, as Zeon had left the mountain.

Vultures swooped down and started to peck at the unconscious Ensign. Clara grabbed a long branch and drove the large predatory birds away from Sylvan. They must have thought that the man was a goner. “Stay back! He’s not dead! He will live!” Clara screamed angrily at the vultures.

The actress tore off a fragment of her white dress and bandaged Sylvan’s wounds. She kept gazing at her savior, sad that she wasn’t able to do much to save him. After she found herself too powerless to stop her filming crew from dying, she decided she would do everything under her power to save this man.

She was holding Slyvan’s hands tight. His pulse seemed to be weakening. With no knowledge of proper life-saving procedures however, all she could recall was what she saw on TV. She placed her two hands right above Sylvan’s chest and started to CPR the hell out of him. “Please live Ensign…” she softly whispered. She pressed her mouth towards his, to deliver air. It was almost like a kiss, a very soft and lonely kiss. A familiar song plays in her mind, a song that was sung in the first season of "Tears of Laplace," the drama that brought her to fame. (that song on top of this post)

Would it be enough to bring the Ensign back from the brink of death? Only time will tell…

Longing for you day and in dream
I'm hoping you are here, leading my way

You steer my road, anytime I need
If you walk away, I will follow you

Trying my life
With your secret gifts you gave to me
I won't fail and succeed it as your precious soul

Holding your hand
As I'm walking through the all of the world

Carrying your wish like the Venus in the dim sky...

Back to top Go down
MSL
MSL Admin
MSL Admin
MSL

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:24 am

Palawan Coast

The region commander’s ship was within the vicinity. When he heard that the 24th MS team had been wiped out, he was furious. Immediately, he contacted the 56th MS team and demanded that they rendezvous with his fleet immediately.

“56th MS team, this is the region commander. I am telling all of you to abandon the mission right now! You have wasted valuable resources! Bring Clara Del Valle along with you!” Having vented all of his anger, he smashed the satellite phone to the floor. “How incompetent can these fucktards get!?” he yelled, gnashing his teeth madly.

His assistant interrupted him. “Sir, are we going to send in others to do the job? What if we refit them with more advanced weapon—“ The commander punded his fist at the table.

“NO! They’ve had their chance! I want them aboard this ship within 6 hours! I shall personally slap ALL OF THEM for this. They even got a Colonel’s nephew killed due to their stupidity. How do we explain this to the Ensign Mundara’s uncle? What, that he had been stepped on by a Zaku? Fuck! According to his latest posts on Facebook, his teammates committed MUTINY against him! Thus he was forced to act on his own!”

(Feddies, return to the ship within six hours. I will implement the timeskip starting from this post. All of you, including Silvan and Clara should be at the ship.

Indicate that it is 6:00 PM in your next posts people

Also, Aicelle's request had been granted, That is, if Rap chooses to equip the GM Cannon's shield)

Back to top Go down
Acruxis
MSL Member
MSL Member
Acruxis

Male
Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat    Chapter 2: The Cost of Defeat - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:56 pm

I Believe In You